Hi Jose,

You can certainly compute semivariograms in the two cases
you mentioned in your email, although the interpretation of the
graph is not always straigthforward when you compare indicators
to continuous variables.
Examples of indicator cross semivariograms for categorical
and continuous variables can be found in:

Goovaerts, P. 1994. Comparison of CoIK, IK and mIK performances for
modeling conditional probabilities of categorical variables. In R.
Dimitrakopoulos, editor, Geostatistics for the Next Century, pages 18-29.
Kluwer, Dordrecht.

Goovaerts, P. 1994. Comparative performance of indicator algorithms for
modeling conditional probability distribution functions. Mathematical
Geology, 26(3):389-411.

I have also computed cross variogram between categorical indicators
and continuous variables, although this work has never been published..
My plan was to use this semivariograms in cokriging and I looked
also at ways to interpret the shape of these graphs.
I believe you have should have mentioned the objectives of your
analysis in your initial email, I bet you don't compute cross
semivariograms for the pleasure...

Pierre

Dr. Pierre Goovaerts
President of PGeostat, LLC