>       I have (unfortunately) a Lexicon Core2 soundcard that really bites
> under Windows and I'd love it if there were a linux kernel driver for it.
> I also need a project in order to graduate from college. I know some C and
> some assembly and I pick things up real fast. I can read a fair amount of
> the driver code that I've looked through, and with some work might be
> ready to tackle writing a driver.
>       In any case, I notice that there is no Core2 driver for linux.
> This could be because of lack of interest, or it could be that it's
> because Lexicon is as bad at releasing specs as they are at writing decent
> drives. Does anybody know if it would be possible to get a project going
> or what the status is?

I also have a core2.  They were $150 for 8 channels and a breakout box.
I figured what the hell.  Unfortunately, while the VST driver support
was ok, the normal windows driver support was awful.

There's a Core2 forum online somewhere (yahoogroups?) and I believe
several people there were also interested in writing better drivers, but
I don't know of anyone who was successful in getting the necessary
information out of lexicon.

Let me know what you find out.  I'm certainly interested in the specs if
you get them.

jack.