Hi all,

I tried to use the dmix plugin, as mentioned :
> pcm.dmix_analog {
>         type dmix
>         ipc_key 5678293
>         ipc_key_add_uid yes
>         slave {
>                 pcm "hw:0,0"
>         }
>         bindings {
>                 0 0
>                 1 1
>         }
> }

When I do
aplay -D dmix_analog tv.wav
Playing WAVE 'tv.wav' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo
aplay: set_params:810: Channels count non available

The wav-file was recorded from my M-Audio Delta 410 card. Could this still be a
problem with the driver ?

So next I tried to do
aplay -D plug:dmix_analog tv.wav
Playing WAVE 'tv.wav' : Signed 32 bit Little Endian, Rate 48000 Hz, Stereo

Which plays some garbled sound, nothing that resembles what I recorded

The strange thing is that the dshare plugings work (no distorted sound), as long as I
specify the 'plug' plugin :
aplay -D plug:dshare_right tv.wav

I'm confused about this behaviour, since I thought the memory mapping for dmix and
dshare would be relatively similar.

One last question : can you combine dmix and dshare ?

Thanks for any comments !

Kristof