Hi,

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003, Takashi Iwai wrote:
>>>   /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params and
>>> .. the rate is locked to 48000 with 1.0.0pre3.
> do you mean both for playback and capture, or only on capture side?
> if the playback rate isn't set correctly (i.e. aplay -Dhw with 44.1kHz
> doesn't work), it's a serious problem.

that seems to be the case. I get this error:

--cut--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ad]$ aplay -Dhw:0 ~/mp3/foo2.wav
Playing WAVE '/home/kaiv/mp3/foo2.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate
44100 Hz, Stereo
Warning: rate is not accurate (requested = 44100Hz, got = 48000Hz)
         please, try the plug plugin (-Dplug:hw:0)
--cut--

With an app that opens playback and capture with 8000kHz, the hw_params
output looks like this:

--cut--
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pub]# cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 48000 (48000/1)
period_size: 960
buffer_size: 1920
tick_time: 10000
[EMAIL PROTECTED] pub]# cat /proc/asound/card0/pcm0c/sub0/hw_params
access: MMAP_INTERLEAVED
format: S16_LE
subformat: STD
channels: 2
rate: 8000 (8000/1)
period_size: 160
buffer_size: 320
tick_time: 10000
--cut--

> but, if it's a capture side, right now i found and fixed a bug.
> could you try and check whether it works for you?

The above results are with your patch applied. The ADC rate seems to be
correct.

--
 http://www.eca.cx
 Audio software for Linux!