Karsten,

> please try to enable audio out with "us428control -v2 -D hw:1" like this:
>
> - toggle INPUT MONITOR until us428control says "...Light is 1"

Yes, it does say "... Light is 1", but NO light on the LED.

> - then move Fader3 to max and play some audio.
> This is just a guess assuming audio out is mapped on us224 internal mixer
> 2, input monitor channel 1 is mapped on us224 internal mixer 0 and input
> monitor channel 2 is mapped on us224 internal mixer 1.

Nothing is heard.

> - Please also try your guitar on both inputs: move faders 1 & 2 to see if
> sound is routed to the outputs.

Again, nothing seems to be routed. No signal appears on output. Have
tryied on both guitar inputs (A and B), with several combinations and
fader positions, but can hear a thing.

> We have to tweak us428control to add real us224 support.

I guess that will be really necessary to have a proper us224control :)

> Above is just to verify that the current us428 internal mixer mechanics is
> usable for the us224.

It seems that it is not quite straightforward, isn't it? Is there any
other US-224 user out there to at least confirm all this? It surely ain't
nice this feeling of lonelyness ;) but I will prevail =:O

> Concerning us224's Lights I'm currently left in the dark....

So do the LEDs ;)

> For us428 I found that a 7Byte long USB-Message on pipe 4 is a Lights set
> command, while a 5Byte long is an internal mixer set command.
> You could tweak us428control to toggle the 0'th light instead of the 25'th
> light, which is InputMonitor Light on us428. the 0th light is Select
> Channel 1 on the us428.
> Exchange Cus428State.cc Line 118 , 119
>                               Light[0].Value = StateInputMonitor() ?
> SelectInputMonitor : Select;
>                               Light[2].Value = StateInputMonitor() ?
> MuteInputMonitor : Mute;
> for
>                               Light[0].Value = 0x55;
>                               Light[2].Value = 0xAA;
> to check light mechanics.

I'll try this tonight, rest assured.

> If there's still no lights, some usb snooping on windoz might help.
> I've some specially tuned stuff here which I could send you then.

That's of course a very good idea. Please do so ASAP.

I'll be very pleased to follow your instructions and get a thorough
profile on this. My laptop has a working winxp partition installed and the
US-224 (audio mixer leds) works there as designed, but that's hardly a
surprise for anyone :)

Cheers,
--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela