Hi.

I have already sended this mail to the alsa-devel list.
I have run alsa-info.sh, which i havent first time because it was an
empty script after running it for first time, but found a link in
internet.

I did all the test mentioned, and find out, that MIC never works at
first, it requires an rcalsasound restart. As with the other problems.

So it is all part of the same thing.

> Did it work before with another GNU/Linux distribution?

I have never used this laptop with another distribution. I would
require to install and learn to set the parameters for the right
model. Can not do that from livecd.

>> PROBLEM 1:
>> If i start the laptop with no external headsets or speaker connected in
>> front panel. Audio goes through internal speakers.
>
> This is a common problem and most of the times passing the correct
> `model` parameter is enough [2].

Sorry. I couldn't reproduce that today... it may be an old bug which i
have written without testing. It may have been fixed in some current
alsa.

> What version of Skype are you using and how did you install it.

Skype 2.2.0.25
Copyright (c) 2004-2011, Skype Limited

> What does “broken headset” mean?

The cable is bad functional. I suspect it has short-circuits on it.
But i have a good one of course.

> Thank you for taking the time posting this question in such a detail. I
> am pretty sure your problems can be fixed.

Thanks to you.
Hopefully we can manage to get this problem out.