Dear Diego,

Am Sonntag, den 26.06.2011, 20:47 -0300 schrieb Diego Jacobi:

> I have already sended this mail to the alsa-devel list.

I could not find it in my archive. Could you recheck.

> I have run alsa-info.sh, which i havent first time because it was an
> empty script after running it for first time, but found a link in
> internet.
>
> I did all the test mentioned, and find out, that MIC never works at
> first, it requires an rcalsasound restart. As with the other problems.
>
> So it is all part of the same thing.
>
> > Did it work before with another GNU/Linux distribution?
>
> I have never used this laptop with another distribution. I would
> require to install and learn to set the parameters for the right
> model. Can not do that from livecd.

You are right. It is tedious to remove the sound modules during runtime
since some graphical programs use/depend on them and there are also many
sound modules.

The command you would be looking for is `modprobe` and you would pass
the parameter `model` with a file in `/etc/modprobe.d/` or when loading
the module directly with `modprobe snd-hda-intel model=…`.

> >> PROBLEM 1:
> >> If i start the laptop with no external headsets or speaker connected in
> >> front panel. Audio goes through internal speakers.
> >
> > This is a common problem and most of the times passing the correct
> > `model` parameter is enough [2].
>
> Sorry. I couldn't reproduce that today... it may be an old bug which i
> have written without testing. It may have been fixed in some current
> alsa.

Do you mean, that an update during the last two months could have fixed
that?

> > What version of Skype are you using and how did you install it.
>
> Skype 2.2.0.25
> Copyright (c) 2004-2011, Skype Limited
>
> > What does “broken headset” mean?
>
> The cable is bad functional. I suspect it has short-circuits on it.
> But i have a good one of course.

As long as it happens also with a working headset this is indeed a bug
that should be fixed.

> > Thank you for taking the time posting this question in such a detail. I
> > am pretty sure your problems can be fixed.
>
> Thanks to you.
> Hopefully we can manage to get this problem out.

As written at the beginning, please check if your message was delivered
to alsa-devel. If not make sure you are subscribed to not wait for
moderation, but you should have gotten a status message if that was the
case.

If your message was delivered and you did not get any response, you
should submit a report to the openSUSE bug tracker.

Thanks,

Paul