> >Aside this switching issue, and few stubborn applications (hello there,
> >firefox), I really fail to see the reason to use PA on top of alsa.
>
> Off-topic:
>
> For Firefox consider to use https://github.com/i-rinat/apulse .

Well, truth to be told, it *is* possible to build firefox with alsa
support by flicking on a config switch. Its just unfortunate my distro
(arch) dropped the alsa support with newest updates due to conflicts
with some other features they'd like to support.

I've switched over to Palemoon and I keep Chromium installed just for
Slack and Hangouts when necessary. Its good enough :-)