On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 15:09:15 -0400, John Z. wrote:
>Well, truth to be told, it *is* possible to build firefox with alsa
>support by flicking on a config switch. Its just unfortunate my distro
>(arch) dropped the alsa support with newest updates due to conflicts
>with some other features they'd like to support.

IIRC "ac_add_options --enable-alsa" was dropped for Arch's Firefox 52.0,
but IIRC then the repositories provided the builds with enable-alsa
again, but IIRC with Firefox 54 upstream dropped alsa completely.

There's a thread from March that seems to confirm this...
https://lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2017-March/043314.html
...yes, this time I build Firefox.

Palemoon is installed on my machine, too.

Just a few of the installed browsers:

[rocketmouse@archlinux ~]$ pacman -Q firefox apulse palemoon-bin icecat-bin
qupzilla google-chrome
firefox 56.0.1-1
apulse 0.1.10-1
palemoon-bin 27.5.1-1
icecat-bin 52.3.0-3
qupzilla 2.2.0-2
google-chrome 62.0.3202.62-1

In the past my favourite was qupzilla, but it became unstable and since
I don't have flash installed and HTML doesn't stream videos very good,
I tend to use chrome for this. Very often, when videos are interrupted
without flash, they run without interruption, when using google-chrome.

Btw. apulse firefox works without issues.