On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 07:06:55 -0400, hy...@lactose.homelinux.net wrote:
> Separate but related question.
>
> Let's say I have a very recent full (level 0) backup of /home.  If I
> split up my /home into two or three DLEs, will Amanda recognize that it
> already has a level-0 backup, and then take level-1 backups of the new
> DLEs?  Or will amanda see the new DLEs as "completely new" and require
> a first-time level-0 backup?

The latter.  Incremental backups (and also "exclude"/"include"
processing) involve a "multi-layer" cordination between Amanda and the
backup program, and there's no mechanism in there to detect that a new
DLE happens to be a subset of some other DLE, or whatever.  So Amanda
has to treat each DLE separately, and start from scratch for a newly
create one.

                                                        Nathan
Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239