On 11/04/17 11:41 AM, hy...@lactose.homelinux.net wrote:
> Jon LaBadie writes:
>>> I mean that I don't know, for a fact, that
>>>
>>> michelle-laptop michelle-A /cygdrive/c/Users {
>>>      simple-gnutar-remote
>>>      exclude list "/usr/local/etc/amanda/MyConfig/exclude/michelle-laptop"
>>>      include "./michelle/[A-CE-Za-ce-z]*"
>>>      estimate calcsize
>>>      }
>>>
>>> will do what I want it to do.
> FAILURE DUMP SUMMARY:
>    michelle-laptop michelle-A lev 0  FAILED [missing result for michelle-A
>    in michelle-laptop response]
>
>>> newlaptop.local.net /home/hymie/2 /home {
>>>    simple-gnutar-remote
>>>    include "./hymie/[m-z]*"
>>> }
>    ? /usr/bin/tar: ./hymie/[m-z]*: Warning: Cannot stat: No such file
>    or directory

$ man amgtar
INCLUDE AND EXCLUDE LISTS
        Similarly, include expressions are supplied to GNU-tar's
--files-from
        option. This option ordinarily does not accept any sort of
wildcards,
        but amgtar "manually" applies glob pattern matching to include
        expressions with only one slash. The expressions must still
begin with
        "./", so this effectively only allows expressions like "./[abc]*" or
        "./*.txt".

./hymie/[m-z]* have more than one slash so it is used as a path, no glob
matching.

Jean-Louis

> So neither of my backups worked.  I haven't done any investigation yet
> because I'm busy at work.   But to quote a movie, this was the kind of
> thing I would have liked to know yesterday.  It would have been nice
> to ask Amanda to generate a list of files to be backed up, and have
> Amanda give me an error message in return.
>
>> I've got two DLEs being backed up over wifi.  Their sizes are 11 & 4GB.
>> After client compression they are 4 and 3GB, that is the size of data
>> transfered over the wifi.  Most recently their dumps took 38 and 29 min,
>> basically 10 min per GB transferred.  YMMV.
> Right now, my two DLEs are 57GB and 173GB.  The compressed backups
> are 35GB and 85GB.  So my compression is already working.  The doc says
> "client fast" is the default compression, so it should be compressed
> before it hits the wifi.  But I'd rather not have my wifi clogged
> for 12-16 hours doing backups, even once a month.
>
> --hymie!     http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
> hy...@lactose.homelinux.net

This message is the property of CARBONITE, INC. and may contain confidential or
privileged information.
If this message has been delivered to you by mistake, then do not copy or
deliver this message to anyone.  Instead, destroy it and notify me by reply
e-mail