On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 13:57:34 -0400, Jon LaBadie wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 09:05:32AM -0400, hy...@lactose.homelinux.net wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > I seem to be getting an awful lot of full (level-0) backups:
[...]
> Not unusual.  It a product of having a couple of large DLEs and several,
> relatively small DLEs.  Amanda tries to schedule so that each runs
> backup is about the same size.  The large ones skew the average needed
> each run and the only way to get nearer the average is to promote the
> small DLEs to level 0.

The "amadmin <CONFIG> balance" command may be useful to help understand
a little more what Amanda is "thinking" about the balancing the DLEs.

Also, it would be interesting to know if "amadmin <CONFIG>
force-bump" does result in a level-1 on the next run.

                                                        Nathan

Nathan Stratton Treadway  -  natha...@ontko.com  -  Mid-Atlantic region
Ray Ontko & Co.  -  Software consulting services  -   http://www.ontko.com/
 GPG Key: http://www.ontko.com/~nathanst/gpg_key.txt   ID: 1023D/ECFB6239
 Key fingerprint = 6AD8 485E 20B9 5C71 231C  0C32 15F3 ADCD ECFB 6239