Hello,

Ok, 2nd try, mail gateway is back to normal operation.

I just ran into a problem cause amavis reported in the log file that there are
too many links in amavis/tmp directory. Amavis didn't accept any more mails
from postfix. I checked that and found around 32k directories in the format
"ammavis<DATE>T<TIME>", all from the last 3 days. In most of them are 1 file
"email.txt" and 1 directory "parts".
I moved around 3k of those directories to another place, restarted amavis and
it is back working. A bit slow cause postfix has around 15k mails in the queue,
but working.
Now the question: can i delete those directories without losing mails? Or what
do i have to do with them?

Another question regarding performance: What would be the best configuration
for amavisd childs? I have mysql, postfix, clamd, amavisd, spamassassin running
on this machine (P4 2800 (no HT), 384MB Ram). At the moment i have 5 processes
configured but i think fewer would maybe be better cause the load average is
around 3 to 4 with that many amavisd processes.

For Spamassassin bayes storage to mysql: What housekeeping should be done to
bayes_seen and bayes_tokens? Those 2 tables are getting really big (over 300k
entries now).

Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Martin Bärtl
CDP Bharat Forge GmbH