Per Jessen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've noticed that when using CONFIGFILE and specifying a
> directory, analog assumes this directory to be relative the
> current working directory. Which is obviously fine - but in
> the case of a nested CONFIGFILE, might it not be reasonable
> to expect a 2nd/3rd/etc. directory reference to be relative to
> the the previous one ?
> Sounds a bit convoluted, but -
>
> say I run analog from "/www/reports/2002" with +g./analog.cfg
> analog.cfg has a CONFIGFILE ../standard.cfg which then includes
> "/www/reports/standard.cfg". Fine so far.
> But standard.cfg has a CONFIGFILE ./xxxxx.cfg - which includes
> "/www/reports/2002/xxxxx..cfg" - is it totally unreasonable to
> have expected this CONFIGFILE to have included
> "/www/reports/xxxxx.cfg" instead ?

Yes, it is. There is only one instance of analog running, and it's the
instance that has a "current working directory", not the configfile. If
it helps, think of the CONFIGFILE directive as a URL that Analog uses to
read in additional text. Entering a URL for www.analog.cx doesn't
transport you or your computer to Christmas Island, and the CONFIGFILE
directive doesn't cause an instance of Analog to change it's "current
working directory".

Aengus