On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 17:38:49 -0000, Aengus wrote:
>Yes, it is. There is only one instance of analog running, and it's the
>instance that has a "current working directory", not the configfile. If

Agreed. No problems with that.

>it helps, think of the CONFIGFILE directive as a URL that Analog uses to
>read in additional text. Entering a URL for www.analog.cx doesn't
>transport you or your computer to Christmas Island, and the CONFIGFILE

Uh, but it does - somewhat. Once you specify eg. www.analog.cx as the host/site
name each and every subsequent reference is relative to that. When you burrow
further down the directory tree, still each reference remain relative to the
directory you're currently in. To reference the directory you started out in,
you need to make an absolute reference.

>directive doesn't cause an instance of Analog to change it's "current
>working directory".

That's not what I asked for either. I merely suggested that it might be sensible/
reasonable for CONFIGFILE to work similar to eg. C #includes or relative
URLs in HTML documents. I find it counter-intuitive at the moment - whenever
I use CONFIGFILE I need to remember where this particular config-file may or
may not have been imbedded/included from.

regards,
Per

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.