On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:10:05 -0000, Aengus wrote:

>But it doesn't - the browser converts each of those "relative URLS" into
>explicit URLs before requesting them.

Correct. Just as the filesystem eventually converts a relative path
into an absolute. The relative reference is for your convenience,
not the browsers nor the filesystems. If dealing with absolute
references were easier for humans, there be no need for the file-system -
just specify the track and sector numbers :-)
I hope we agree that being able to use relative URLs in an HTML doc
is a good thing ? I would hate to see it with absolute URLs everywhere.

>?? I find it's exactly the opposite - with the way Analog works now, I
>don't have to worry about where I include files from, because I know
>exactly where the "current working directory" is, and I don't have to
>worry about files being splattered all over the place because the
>context was changed when I included a file.

Hmmm, I don't quite follow you - would you also argue along the same
lines that people should be using absolute paths when including headers
in C-code ??

/Per

regards,
Per Jessen, Zurich
http://www.enidan.com - home of the J1 serial console.

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.