Hi,
First off, many thanks to the analog development (team? person?) for a very
useful tool.

I'm running analog 5.24 under freebsd 4.6.2.
I have a very straightforward requirement but I can't seem to get analog
to do what I want.  We have a number of private pages and directories that
we don't want to show up in the analog output under any circumstances.
People are mostly interested in hits to their own pages so we're using
the cgi form to allow them to search.
So in analog.cfg I have (the current attempt):
FILEINCLUDE /~secret/
FILEEXCLUDE /~secret/*
This is so that the default behavior is to exclude pages which don't match
the search criteria entered in the web form.  (I've tried FILEINCLUDE *
for the first line but that results in analog hanging indefinitely
when no other includes or excludes are specified in the web form)

Unfortunately this cfg prevents printing out the overall site (minus
~secret).  Also, if someone explicitly asks for ~secret, analog
hangs.

What am I missing?  It seems like it should be possible to always
exclude certain pages from the printout.

Thanks for any help!!

Rich