On Wed, 30 Oct 2002, Jeremy Wadsack wrote:

> For the future, James's suggestions of using the Internal Search
> Engine report is excellent. That means using a 'variable' and 'value'
> as your CGI argument, but makes managing the clickthrough tracking
> almost easy!

By the way, there is a useful article which has just appeared at
  http://www.klarisma.dk/articles/aindex.asp
about adding fake parameters to requests in order to pass information to
yourself.

For example, the author recommends adding parameters to all href's so that
you can quickly see which link on a page was clicked. If the page is a
static page, the server will ignore the parameters, but they will still get
written to the logfile.

Actually, it's one of a series of articles. I'm looking forward to some
of the later ones too!

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
 "Reserve your 2 hour delivery time, which means you'll see the same special