Jeremy Wadsack schrieb:

However, I'm not sure that answers your original question. Analog's reports will show the top number of results based on FLOOR settings. You can change the floor for a given report to have it show more data. For example, this will show all requests (because everything has at least one request):

REQFLOOR 1r

I introduced this setting (REQFLOOR 1r) now in my config file, I also included
FILEINCLUDE *.pdf

Still I don't see a single .pdf in the list of requested files (last listing in the report).
I have about 3000 .pdf file requests in the original apache access_log file.

I assume the file extension (FILEINCLUDE syntax) isn't case sensitive.

See http://analog.cx/docs/othreps.html#FLOOR for details.

Also, if you just want a report that shows PDF, you can use the FILEINCLUDE to get that (assuming no previous FILEEXCLUDEs exist in your config):

FILEINCLUDE *.pdf

As you'll find if you peruse the archives of this list, PDF requests often show multiple times for a given file because some versions of Adobe Acrobat Reader will load a page at a time from the server. So the number of requests to the PDF may be higher than the actual number of reads.

As HTTP is stateless and cached, there's no accurate way to ensure that you know how many actual read you had.
OK. Good to know. I just would like to know about a possible increase over all, assuming the behaviour of the clients remains the same.

--
Christoph Kukulies

--
Jeremy Wadsack