On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 6:48 PM, Brill Pappin <br...@pappin.ca> wrote:

> I thought I ran into a problem supporting the install location tag where it
> would not allow me to use it in a 2.1 build.
> It may be that I needed to update my SDK (which has now been done
> recently).

android:installLocation was introduced in 2.2, so you need to compile
against the 2.2 SDK to build an app that uses it.  This does not prevent the
app from working on 2.1 (or earlier), however, as long as it explicitly
specifies android:minSdkVersion to say it is compatible with earlier
versions.

--
Dianne Hackborn
Android framework engineer