On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Jim Graham <spooky1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So basically, your answer is that there is no best time....that there
>> is always someone around somewhere, and weekends vs weekends vs holidays
>> become irrelevant?  Or did I read your response incorrectly?
>
> I'll be stunned if anyone has done a decent study.

There is some unscientific  evidence that most users try out and
buy apps on weekends. Especially games. So maybe end of week
(Thu-Fri) is a good time to release. However, since there is no
more a 'Just In' category (bucket?), it's not clear where your app
will be shown. Maybe in 'Top New' if you are lucky. But with
the device Market (the web seems to be OK) randomly switching
location for the past few days, you can never be sure who will see it.