Thank you Mark, that is what I was worried about...

Does anyone know of any way to hide the downloadable content apps until the
main app is installed?  Some form of app dependency is what we were hoping
for, but it looks like there might be no way of actually implementing this
using filters.  We are worried that the user will try to get the
downloadable content before they have the Engine app adding to confusion
down the line.  Any ideas?

Kristopher, I found this other thread:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/1b78381b76bec33a/3b004c7ed2c2577a?lnk=gst&q=dlc#3b004c7ed2c2577a

where Dianne Hackborn said to "Just look for the other package by name with
the package manager.  Ensure
its cert is the one you expect to it can't be spoofed.  If you want it to
cary data about what features you are enabling or whatever, you can use