@Mark - Actually that is just what we were talking about =) having each DLC
package check for the engine/framework required to run it and then once the
engine itself is run it would disable the DLC so that the icon would no
longer show, though I am wondering if the engine can disable the DLC app or
if that can only be done from the DLC app itself...hmmm.  I am with you
though it seems that the easier way is to use our own server to push the
content, though from a marketing perspective it might be beneficial to have
more than one entry in the marketplace for product visability...

I suppose Google does not have an official stance on DLC at all eh?

@Kristopher - Ah sorry =) I misunderstood.  In our model the DLC "app" would
really just be a collection of resources that the engine would then
utilize.  Our goal is to have the engine run the entire game using the dlc
packages to implement the content.  I believe I saw that discussion here:

http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/5a13baeb458b6974/dea9bcac98746c65?lnk=gst&q=communication+between+two+apps#dea9bcac98746c65