Maybe I should clarify what I'm trying to do here in case I'm going about
it wrong...

I have a standard java server listening for connections from "clients"...in
this case a client could be a straight java web client OR a android device
client.  Because of this I have two separate projects (one for the java
client, one for the android client).  Clients use sockets to pass java
objects back and forth with the server...I want to be sending the SAME
object to the server regardless of which client it comes from.  So I built
an object class and attempted to link both client projects to it.  The java
client works fine, but I can't figure out how to make the android client
work with the object.  If I take that class and put it in the android
project then the android client works...but the server then doesn't know
what the object is and it dies.

Maybe I shouldn't be sending objects in the first place?