Thanks Mark, this info (and the posts Jason sent) are very useful.

Originally I considered sending XML strings and building the objects on
each end...however that still left me with the some issues:

1. Building an XML parser on each platform (unless I can link my android
project to my already built java one somehow...doubtful)
2. Managing object classes in multiple locations

I think I will pursue this now though.

Now I know this is a dumb question but I'll ask anyways...but how do I put
my object class into a separate JAR file?  I'm assuming there's no
mechanism in Eclipse for this, I need to use ant?

Ryan