> > Android is open source, that doesn't mean Android devices have to be.

Let's just hope that as more devices hit the market, some vendors
might release code in order to distinguish themselves from the
competition and/or gain the trust of the enterprise market.

In the meantime, can a T-Mobile G1 be fully unlocked, de-branded and
converted into an ADP1, and if so, is there hope for a community
supported ADP2?  There are a lot of sites that offer to sell the G1
unlocking codes, but it is one of the most scam-ridden industries I've
ever come across, and I don't know whether it is all just hot air.