On May 26, 9:49 pm, Zero <zeroo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> from my experience, eclipse never used the build.xml for it's internal
> builds - how did you do that ?

The eclipse build doesn't use build.xml at all, but due to the fact
that build.xml is in the eclipse project (because it is in the same
directory as AndroidManifest.xml) eclipse tries to "build it" or at
least parse it and check for errors. build.xml can't be parsed by
eclipse (even though it is a valid file according to ant) and thus the
android builder refuses to launch the project at all. This seems wrong
to me.

> you can omit the android_rules file if you paste the needed targets
> into your build file (or if you had them working in an older version)
> then afaik just a few additions are needed (see below)

Yes, thankyou, this is a possible work-around. But I thought I would
Do the Right Thing and not duplicate code. According to the ant
manual, any imported targets (which is what the android_rules targets
are after calling the <setup /> task) may be overridden. This works
perfectly for my ant builds.

So the question remains; how do I get the eclipse android plugin to
ignore my build.xml file?