On Wed, May 27, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Raphael <r...@android.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 6:26 PM, Craig <supkic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On May 26, 9:49 pm, Zero <zeroo...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>>> from my experience, eclipse never used the build.xml for it's internal
>>> builds - how did you do that ?
>>
>> The eclipse build doesn't use build.xml at all, but due to the fact
>> that build.xml is in the eclipse project (because it is in the same
>> directory as AndroidManifest.xml) eclipse tries to "build it" or at
>> least parse it and check for errors. build.xml can't be parsed by
>> eclipse (even though it is a valid file according to ant) and thus the
>> android builder refuses to launch the project at all. This seems wrong
>> to me.
>
> No it doesn't do that.
> Would you have  the Ant view open by any chance? Don't build from the
> ant view if you build using Eclipse.

Hey Raph,

To be clear, I'm not trying to build using ant from within eclipse. I
use ant to do customised builds from the command line. All every-day
builds are done from eclipse using F11->Debug As->Android Application.
I simply want the two different build methods to ignore each other.

I have a clean install of ganymede EE 3.4.2, the latest DDMS, no ant
views open, and a "cleaned" android project.

If I rename build.xml to build.txt and refresh the project, the error
goes away, and I can launch and debug the project.
If I rename it back to build.xml and refresh the project, the errors
aren't detected, and I can launch and debug
If I open build.xml with the ant editor (because I want to edit it :),
the error is detected, and I can no longer launch and debug, even if I
close everything and refresh.
If I open build.xml with the xml editor, the error is not
detected...so I guess I just found my own work-around. Never open the
ant editor.

Still seems like a bug to me.

cheers,
Craig