Hi,
> * http://www.nanaze.com/2009/01/debugging-javascript-on-android.html *
> Thank you for the link, however, that article went way, way over my
> head, at commercial airliner altitudes.

Maybe not.

Just:

1) get the sdk http://developer.android.com/sdk/1.6_r1/index.html
2) set your path http://developer.android.com/sdk/1.6_r1/installing.html
3) hook up your phone via usb -- turn on
Settings/Application/developement/USB debugging
4) run (in a shell on your linux box) $adb logcat WebCore:V *:S
5) stick logging in your javascript on your web page
console.error('oops damn');
console.info(' I am here');
console.log('3');
console.warn(' eeeh uuum');

This is much easier than the stuff I know you fiddle with in you linux
box -- fonts, encodings etc etc.

You may want to find a cross browser js solution that is targeted at
(among others) Android/iPhone and let me know.  Extjs may be one but I
am not sure about their mobile support.

Shawn