My question is why would google do anything.  These are your apps.  You hold
copyright not google.  You have to do something.  Unless you are finding
Market or Maps on these sites google could care less and rightly so.

Now with that out of the way you can contact the owner of the site and ask
them to remove your app.   If they don't comply you probably will need to
lawyer up to get any satisfaction and in the end you will probably not be
able to collect.   All you get is a lawyer bill.

The second course of action is to point out to the hosting company that they
are pirating software.   Having worked for a fairly large ISP as the
Engineering Manager in the past I can say that we took these sites down when
there was reasonable proof of piracy.    Of course they just move to the
next place.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 9:32 AM, theSmith <chris.smith...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I too would like to know if Google in particular is doing anything to
> help us developers out.  As apps grow in popularity the more they are
> pirated and the harder to get them all taken down.  Ideally there
> would be a spot for developers to submit pages that are hosting our
> apps illegally and Google would take care of the DMCA stuff.  (Or just
> provide us with copy protection that works...)
>
> For those interested here is another site I found yesterday,
> http://www.mediafire.com/thakidtok
> http://twitter.com/thakidtook uses twitter to distribute them too.
>
> This is really a pain in the ass.  Does apple have piracy issues like
> this on the iPhone?
>
> -theSmith
>
> On Jan 16, 12:09 pm, MakeMobile <makemobileinnovati...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I've been in "the business" for quite some time, and I know that
> > drill. But I do not accept your reply as a useful response to this
> > problem. This problem is damaging to the entire development community
> > as a whole as well as the forward progress of the platform. Few
> > developers will be interested in building on a platform which has a
> > reputation for easy piracy. Their development efforts will be focused
> > on other platforms, and Android will suffer from less innovation and
> > fewer useful apps.
> >
> > I've also found piracy on other sites, including droidfanz.com, and
> > this forum:http://www.ipmart-forum.com/archive/index.php/t-337082.html
> >
> > I'd like to know what Google is doing about this, and who to forward
> > abuse complaints to.
> >
> > On Jan 16, 11:33 am, schwiz <sch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > shut one down 3 more pop up, its an unavoidable part of software
> > > development.

> http://www.reddit.com/r/Android/comments/ap6z0/redditapps_a_1000_list...

Writing code is one of few things
that teaches me I don't know everything.

Join the Closed Beta of Call Girl Manager
http://www.fuligin.com/forums