On Jan 16, 1:08 pm, Wayne Wenthin <wa...@fuligin.com> wrote:
> My question is why would google do anything.  These are your apps.  You hold
> copyright not google.  You have to do something.  Unless you are finding
> Market or Maps on these sites google could care less and rightly so.

I believe I've already answered the question of why Google would do
something about this, but I'll say it again. Piracy damages the
platform as a whole. Google cares about this kind of thing because it
slows the progress of the platform as a whole. That's why they
released the Nexus One --  to advance the platform by gaining new
developers and users.

I'd be surprised if Google did not have people working on this. But my
specific inquiry is who can I talk to about this? who or where do I
set up a system for reporting these abuses.

On another note, I think the common attitude of apathy surrounding
this issue is shocking. I am fully aware that it's not possible within
reason to completely eliminate this problem -- and I do not expect
that. However that does not mean we should ignore the issue on the
premise that its "too difficult" a problem to deal with.

This is especially problematic for small time developers who don't
have the resources (time or financial) to do much about this. I
believe it's these small time developers who provide the most value to
the platform -- there are far more small time developers than large
organizations, and I believe they provide the bulk of the innovation.
So lack of a robust support system for these developers is a big
problem.

I'd like to steer the discussion in a more positive direction. So lets
go guys -- resources, information, options...