Watcher wrote:
> Sprint has announced a 4G phone... as far as I can tell it will run
> WiMAX on Android 2.1

Sprint says it is "coming summer 2010" -- which, since Sprint is a US
firm, presumably refers to the Northern Hemisphere. We just started
spring. Hence, it'll be a few months, perhaps as many as six, before the
device hits the shelves.

> So where are the TelephonyManager phonetype, signalstrengh, cell
> location et al. ? Or is this an HTC customization of Android we won't
>  see elsewhere ? After all there are some cupcake builds with CDMA...

Could we give them a chance to actually publish a new SDK? While I
certainly hope a WiMAX/dual-camera SDK won't be released crazy-late like
some recent releases, there is still plenty of lead time.

BTW, CdmaCellLocation was added in Android 2.0, and NETWORK_TYPE_CDMA
was added in Android 1.6. If those are not working for your devices,
please file issues on http://b.android.com with sample projects that
demonstrate the problems.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)