Unfortunately not everything has constraints defined,
so some things won't have messages. However in most
cases, at the end of model processing you should see a
list of model validation errors telling you what
you've done wrong (they are collected during
validation and then listed at the end of processing).
But, (and this is my fault), there's a bug in the M2
release, the message telling you exactly what is wrong
is not being rendered, this means the messages will
all say something like this:
"$str.toSingleLine($constraintDocumentation)" (instead
of the real message).  This bug is fairly annoying and
we've been contemplating doing an M3 release faily
soon just so we can have this working correctly (since
its an important feature).

This bug (its in the meta cartridge) has also lead us
to realize the importance of testing cartridges each
time we build.  So we've come up something that should
work pretty well for that. I'll be getting that
testing framework done soon.

If you'd like to fix this bug before M3 (or you can
always build from current CVS), its pretty easy to to
do, what you'll need to do is the following:

1) download the M2 source distribution.
2) unzip to any directory and navigate to
andromda-src*/cartridges/andromda-meta/src/META-INF
3) Open up andromda-cartridge.xml in that directory
and change this template object className to be
"org.andromda.core.common.StringUtilsHelper"
4)change back to andromda-src*/
5) type 'maven bootstrap-install'
6) type 'maven clean'
7) type 'maven dist'

You should find the distribution in
andromda-src*/target/distributions (and they all
should
have the correct validation messages)

Chad

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm currently using the bpm4struts cartridge with
> the AndroMDA3.0M2 release
> and have a question about the new model validation
> features.
>
> I just modeled an activity graph where I forgot to
> assign the FrontEndView
> stereotype to some action states.
> Unfortunately I still got error messages like this:
>
>  [andromda] ERROR [Cartridge] Error performing
> Cartridge.processWithTemplate with template
> 'templates/StrutsAction.vsl',
> template context '{xhtml=false,
> serverValidation=true,
> welcomeFileName=index.jsp,

class=org.andromda.metafacades.uml14.ModelElementFacadeLogicImpl,
> security=false, clientValidation=true,
> securityRealm=other,

[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> and cartridge
> 'bpm4struts'
>  [andromda]

org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException:
> Invocation of method 'getInput' in  class

org.andromda.cartridges.bpm4struts.metafacades.StrutsActionLogicImpl
> threw
> exception class java.lang.ClassCastException : null
>  [andromda]     at

org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTIdentifier.execute(ASTIdentifier.java:193)