----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Chad Brandon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 1:56 AM
Subject: Re: Re: [Andromda-user] bpm4struts: model validations

> Hello Chad,
>
> thank you for your detailed answer as sorry for the delay of this
feedback.

You're welcome.

> 1. I fixed the bug in the M2 stable release as you said and it seems to
> work pretty well. I tried it with some errors in my model and got very
> helpful validation error messages. That's cool!
>
> 2. I totaly agree with you that meaningful exception messages are an
> absolute must have for a MDA generator framework. My greatest problems
with
> andromda at the beginning were exception messages of the mda target that
> didn't give any clue on what was wrong in the model.
> But one more question on the validation process: will the generator stop
as
> soon as the first error in the model occurs or will it first run a
complete
> validation on the whole model and report them all? (I haven't tried it
out,
> I have to admit...)

It should list them all out when your model is done processing (not stopping
on the first one)

> 3. What I would like to have in the log files is an info about which model
> element is currently processed by the templates. Is there any way to add
> this information to the log output? That would be really great. (Or is it
> allready there and I just haven't seen it?)

I think it should be there for each cartridge log, so for example in
andromda-bpm4struts.log, you should see something like this:

2004-08-16 23:20:55,437 - performing VelocityTemplateEngine.processTemplate
with templateFile 'templates/StrutsRolesProperties.vsl' and templateObjects
'{xhtml=false, serverValidation=true, welcomeFileName=index.jsp,
applicationUseCase=org.andromda.metafacades.uml14.ModelElementFacadeLogicImp
l[my.onlinestore.purchase.Purchase Items], security=false,
clientValidation=true, securityRealm=other,
[EMAIL PROTECTED], breadCrumbs=true}'

It basically tells you all the info in the template context, does this work
for you or are you looking for something else?