                          OPENOFFICE.ORG NEWSLETTER

                     Volume 05  -  Issue 01  -  07/2007

                     Please send news clippings to:
                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]

For up-to-date news visit the OpenOffice.org Newsletter Blog:
http://ooonewsletter.blogspot.com

To read all of this month's stories in full:
http://ooonewsletter.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_ooonewsletter_archive.html

ATOM feed:
http://ooonewsletter.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Contents

1. Announcements
================
* PC with OpenOffice.org pre-installed at Wal-Mart
* Zonbu includes OpenOffice.org
* OpenOffice.org pre-installed on $250-laptop from Asus

2. Success Stories
==================
* Dutch city Heerenveen saves 135,000 Euro with OpenOffice.org
* Italian parliament adopts Linux (and probably OpenOffice.org and/or ODF)
* Many German schools will switch to OpenOffice.org
* l'Ecole Centrale Marseille (Central School Marseille) evaluating
  OpenOffice.org

3. Featured News
================
* Highlights of OpenOffice.org 2.3 Writer
* New Application for Status bar control to display/change the language
* Completing PDF support in OpenOffice.org
* Improving Calc Usability
* New OpenGL Slide Transition: Tiled Flipping

4. Tips & Tricks
================
* Ensuring Unique Entries With Cell Validation
* Flash demo of the OpenOffice.org API plug-in
* Generating PDF files from OpenOffice.org via Ant
* Interview with Sophie Gautier about release QA
* Interview with Andre Schnabel about release QA

5. OpenDocument News Roundup
6. Clippings

All news for this month can be found at:
http://ooonewsletter.blogspot.com/2007_07_01_ooonewsletter_archive.html

Want to help OpenOffice.org?  Find out hot to contribute or see our
To Do List!!

http://www.openoffice.org/contributing.html
http://development.openoffice.org/todo.html

Announcements

PC with OpenOffice.org pre-installed at Wal-Mart
"Everex, a world leader in the design and production of personal
computers, today unveiled its first PC featuring open source productivity
software from OpenOffice.org.