Hi all,

I've been reading up on aolserver background delivery tricks on OpenACS and
I've seen that the patches for the static TCL channel is already in 4.5.1.
 In the spirit of improving server performance, I've been wondering if such
facility is worth building on the custom app to increase concurrency and
scalability.

Most of the time, our aolserver also has to handle incoming requests for
multiple jpeg, javascript libraries, and a lot of other things.  Freeing up
the connection thread sounds very useful in improving the server
scalability so I wanted a little bit of help on getting this to work.

It's been hard trying to wrap my head around using ns_conn channel and what
I can actually do with this static TCL thread.  It seems that I should be
redefining ns_returnfile to use background delivery.  Could I use it to
push a TCL proc that generates given the parameters, the dynamic page to
this TCL channel to free up my connections?

Sep