On  1 Aug, Daniel Wickstrom wrote:

>     Dossy> On 2001.08.01, Wojciech Kocjan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     >> I'm currently using mime from tcllib, but it really sucks. It
>     >> took almost a minute to parse 30kB mail.
>
>     Dossy> In my 100% Tcl implementation of an IMAP mail client under
>     Dossy> AOLserver, I'm using the Tcl MIME package by Marshall Rose,
>     Dossy> and it works great.  Of course, Tcl MIME itself uses Trf by
>     Dossy> Andreas Kupries to manipulate binary data (probably uses
>     Dossy> the memchan stuff which rocks) which may explain Tcl MIME's
>     Dossy> good performance.
>
> IIRC, you can use Trf instead of the base64 package for encode/decode
> of binary data in tcllib.  In theory the performance should be much
> better with Trf.

Yeah, mime 1.2 has some code to handle it, but I tried tclsh+package
require Trf first, and it still took about a minute to parse 200kB mail.

Any idiot-proof URL to learn on MIME+Trf? I'd like to parse 1MB mail in
less than a minute (the destination server is a P3@500MHz for now).

Actually, it's what my boss wants (that is - he doesn't want me to kill
the server with this software :), I never liked this idea anyway.

--
WK