On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 11:39:53PM +0100, Artur Meski wrote:
> How can I force AOLserver (4.0) to bind to the privileged port?

You mean port 80, or any other low number port?  I think it's the same
as with AOLserver 3.x, you must start AOLserver as root, and use the
-u command line switch to tell it what non-root user to become after
it binds to the port.

> Does AOLserver drop privileges before reading configuration file?

I'm not sure exactly when AOLserver drops privileges and becomes the
non-root user, but since you tell which port to bind to IN the config
file, I guess AOLserver must still be root at that point.

--
Andrew Piskorski <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.piskorski.com/