Titi Ala'ilima wrote:
This would best be asked in a postgres forum, but does anyone happen
to know if you can use the socket command in PL/Tcl?  I know I can
use UTL_TCP in Oracle, and ns_sock* in AOLserver.

-T.

postgresql also has listen/notify for this kind of notification callback. The base tcl postgres client interface (pgtcl) supports it nicely via pg_listen, but as it isn't supported in the ns_db interface or nspostgres driver, this would only be of use in a separate standalone listener daemon.

-J