I think there is only one "default" pool - that all "servers" use. The pools.tcl code simply sets the default pool's values to what was in the config. I know the config params are in a server-specific section, and maybe that should be changed, or a default pool per server should be created by pools.tcl each pool's values set form the config.

I remember us having this conversation last summer. Just not sure what was done. Did you write a new pools.tcl that does the latter?

Maybe that should be checked in.