One more note on this,

The patch:

http://aolserver.cvs.sourceforge.net/aolserver/aolserver/nsd/pools.c?r1=1.11&r2=1.12

Even though you get an error here, it appears that the data still takes
effect. The reason is that the tests are done against the stored values.
Nothing is done to fix the problem, just an error message and a return. I'm
not sure if this was the intent or not, but it is probably better to accept
the data and raise some kind of warning/error (that is what is happening).

Gustaf, is the intent just to flag potentially dangerous values?

tom jackson