Thanks Gustaf,

I had trouble with cvs head earlier, but I have tried again. Here is
what worked for me:

1. Compile/install of tcl 8.4.18 with --enable-threads **
2. co aolserver cvs head
3. autoconf (being sure that ../tcl symlinks to my tcl 8.4.18 sources)
4. /opt/aolserver/bin/tclsh8.4 nsconfig.tcl -debug
5. sudo make install
6. Apply the pools.tcl default patch as per previous email thread
(although probably not necessary)
7. Change config port to 8003 (Leopard seems strangely reluctant to
respond to requests on port 8000)

Now I get the welcome page. Thanks everyone.

Mark.

** Notably the aolserver build failed if I compiled tcl with
--enable-symbols=all for maximum debug symbols. The error was:

Undefined symbols:
  "_Tcl_GetMemoryInfo", referenced from:
      _DumperThread in nsthreadtest.o

This sounds like an issue with the tcl build process rather than
aolserver though.

--
Mark Aufflick
 contact info at http://mark.aufflick.com/about/contact