Hello again John,

Oops, sorry. I thought RedHat Linux had everything  an Enterprise
needed ;-)
(Take the above line with a lot of salt. I don't want to discuss about
linux distros... yet ;-)

Then what about adding a "-nocache" parameter to the function? That way
you won't modify the original behaviour...

As far as the solution is not perfect, if we keep pushing up patches,
it'll end being a hell consisting on a pile of patches. In fact, I feel
that checking the filename instead of last modification time is a better
way to "patch" the "if" clause. It's safer to be sure that will not be
collisions by that way.

Anyways, as someone said, I am amazed on the fact of how ext3 reuses the
inode numbers... I didn't know it was so aggresive :-)

Regards, and hope you finally can serve your customers right (no matter
how you solve this problem),

  Juan José

-
Juan José del Río    |
(+34) 616 512 340    |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Simple Option S.L.
  Tel: (+34) 951 930 122
  Fax: (+34) 951 930 122
  http://www.simpleoption.com