Hi all
at ]project-open[ we currently use AOLserver 4.5.0 with OpenACS
5.6.0 on CentOS release 5.3 (Final)

We suddenly encountered the problem that ns_returnfile can't find a
file which filname contains special chars such as 'umlaute'
(ä, ö, etc.)

---
convmv tells me that the file name is utf-8 encoded.
---

Config.tcl has the standard settings:

ns_param   HackContentType    1
ns_param   DefaultCharset     utf-8
ns_param   HttpOpenCharset    utf-8
ns_param   OutputCharset      utf-8
ns_param   URLCharset         utf-8

---
Following CentOS locale:

LANG=en_US.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="en_US.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

---
File System is 'ext3'
---
Files have been created with " exec /bin/cp $filename $dest_path" out of
a tcl file or using 'touch/emacs' on OS level. Same results.
---

We did have the problems using AOLserver 3.3
Anybody an idea what the cause might be?

Probably its better to always encode file names of
uploaded filesto avoid trouble when creating multi-plattform
applications.

Thanks for your support!

Klaus

-- AOLserver - http://www.aolserver.com/