Hi Lahari,

Did you take a look on this page:
https://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Starting_a_new_language_with_HFST ?

Telugu has already a minimal skeleton in Apertium:
https://github.com/apertium/apertium-tel

We would have to do something similar to what I proposed for Hindi, with
the difference that with Telugu we start practically from scratch. Another
difference is that Telugu uses twol + lexc/lexd. In short: you have to
describe the morphology of the language (nouns, adjectives, verbs, adverbs,
etc.) + introduce words by associating them with the paradigms defined in
the morphology. The aim is to achieve a high coverage.

Typically, this is done by starting with the closed morphological
categories and then moving on to the open ones. The inclusion of words
depends on the free resources available. In the worst case, it is done by
hand in decreasing order of word frequency.

At the moment there is quite a lot of work: installing Apertium (with twol
+ lexc/lexd) and basically learning how it works. The "coding challenge" (
https://wiki.apertium.org/wiki/Ideas_for_Google_Summer_of_Code/Morphological_analyser
) is essential as it shows that the candidate has understood the basics. In
case you have problems (which is absolutely normal), don't hesitate to ask
for help in the IRC channel. We are here to help.

Hèctor

Missatge de Lahari Sreeja Tallapaka <tallapakalah...@iitbhilai.ac.in> del
dia ds., 25 de febr. 2023 a les 16:59: