Kurt and Mo:

                Thank you for your comments.

                If pull-out is the reason for discarding the Duckbill anchoring
method, I wonder if a larger model would
overcome that.  The largest Duckbill model is about 12 inches long.  A second
line of “duckbills”, also by Foresight
Products, is called Manta Ray, and is made for increased resistance, installed
with hydraulic jackhammer.  There
are also options for stoney soils  (ductile iron, hot-dipped in zinc, rather
than the standard aluminum).  However,
searches of company websites, and telephone contacts, have been short on
pertinent,applicable value in my recent
efforts.

             The thought of trying to put auger-type anchors in my stony land
does not appeal to me, and driving
posts has never attracted me either.  Channel iron does seem worth  trying, but
I am hoping to find something
I could get really excited about.

David
Kollas Orchard, CT