After 28 years of growing, we had our first serious rust infection last year. In the past, the thought always has been: control scab, you won't get rust.

There was virtually perfect scab control last year. We pay great attention to the mills table and try to spray just ahead of wetting periods when not protected. I do remember we got caught once last year and went in 24 hours after rain had started, not that unusual an occurance(and the reason for back to back Nova). Scab materials are polyram, polyram/nova (twice) and then captan. One spray of scala to end the season. Five applications last year.

My question, is there a time or growth period when rust control using scab control methods is known to not work?

Karl , grower in central Minnesota,USA