Try GF-120 very easy and fast to apply

John Bellewoodapples.com

-----Original Message-----
From: apple-crop@virtualorchard.net [mailto:apple-c...@virtualorchard.net]
On Behalf Of Jonathan B. Bishop
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 10:40 AM
To: Apple-Crop
Subject: Re: Apple-Crop: For Discussion: Pesticide Applications Rates and
Tree Row Vol...

The timing to kill Apple Maggot is when the adult flies are present in
the orchard flying around and feeding but prior to oviposition. There is
currently no pupacide on the market and if there was we would be
applying it with a ground sprayer to the orchard floor, not an airblast
rig to the tree canopy.

Regards,
Jonathan Bishop

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
B.W. Bishop & Sons, Inc. Bishop's Orchards
1355 Boston Post Road Growers of Fine Fruit
Guilford, CT 06437 Since 1871

Vistit us on the web at: www.bishopsorchards.com

kborcha...@aol.com wrote:
> I would think that because apple maggot over winter on the ground that
> reduction of amount applied per acre in theory would result in a  less
> than proper amount of  active material applied to control the pest.
> The small to large house would not be as important as the fact that
> each was on a one acre lot. Just my opinion and experience.

Apple-Crop is not moderated. Therefore, the statements do not represent
"official" opinions and the Virtual Orchard takes no responsibility for
the content.