Vincent:

        As I understand your most recent explanation, both the untreated and
the ReTain-treated trees
produced greater fruit size at harvest if they were borne on trees most
heavily-set at start of
experiment. And that the ReTain treated trees showed a greater size/initial
number of fruit than did the
untreated.  If the difference in fruit size for treated versus untreated is
small, I would not be much
bothered by it. Can you tell us how much different they were?

David Kollas