Steve,

The question is deceptive.  What I suggest is that  as long as you are
exposed to  an apple that is mediocre you will ask your question. I am sorry
that you have been exposed to  apples without quality.  In today's market
most $.99 apples are of lower grade and reflect so with taste.

If you ever ate a HoneyCrisp in its glory, Pretty, unbelievably crisp, and
flavor to die for you would know that $2.49 might just be below value .
That is the gist of it.

There are other reasons why growers need a higher price but consumers, have
the final say and they vote with their pocket book.  In HoneyCrisp case the
vote is in.  $3.49 in our markets.

John Belisle

BelleWood Acres

4160 Guide Merdian